Some days just really test me.
I got up. On time... but still exhausted. I took an extra long shower -- because it felt good -- but that made me be running a little late. Breakfast, tooth brushing, and packing for school went well -- well except we fought about if it was possible to brush your teeth and sing at the same time. Ladybug asked if she could take the art project we did over the weekend to school to show it to her teacher. I said yes, with hesitation.
I drop her off at school and headed to work. It was going to be a busy day. Last night at about 10pm I realized that I had not done what I needed to do to prepare for my 10:30 meeting so I was up a little late trying to do it. I finished it up this morning and emailed it off to those who needed -- or more accurately I thought I emailed it but only after I left the office to run an errand did I realize I forgot to attach the attachments.
We had a "team retreat" scheduled for today. The woman who was suppose to bring chili (the main dish) called in sick -- with no chili. So I raced out to the store, bought the stuff, and raced home to make chili. I tripped on the stairs and crumpled onto the ground while getting stuff out the car. But I was not injured. I packed to very full crock pots in the car and drove back to the office hoping they would not tip and spill.
I managed a conference call -- despite my introverted tendencies. I recently got back my Myers Briggs results and I am an INFP. Then I grabbed the chili and headed out. One of my co-workers offered to transport the chili in her "state" car so that if it spilled at least it would not be in my car. So I put it in her car. She pulled out of the parking lot a little too fast and both crock pots tipped over.
I spent 3 hours in a team building activity with a bunch of people who really don't like having me as part of the team. Then I headed back to the office. I got in touch with my client but had no new information for him because I have not been able to get in touch with his social worker. I read a few depressing cases. Then went to consult on a case with a social worker. This is the one social worker I feel comfortable with in the office and since she gets a lot of the cases that have domestic violence, we consult a lot. She informed me that she was told that she consults too much with me. And it was about this time I began to lose it.
I went back to my office and called Ladybug's pediatrician. She has a physical scheduled for tomorrow and I wanted to confirm to the time. I was informed that they actually needed to cancel it. I had a hard time being civil. I scheduled this appointment 8 weeks ago. I needed to talk to the doctor about possibly medicating my child (at the suggestion of her new therapist). Cancelled? They stated that something came up. They offered a new appointment -- in 5 weeks. No! No! No! So I went back to my social worker friend to unload about it. Only to discover that her new client -- a child abuse case -- is what bumped my appointment. I get it. The child with the black eye takes a priority over my child -- at least until my child beats up another child.
I packed up my office to bring home -- because Hurricane Sandy is coming so we were all ordered to bring home as much as we could.
When I got to the after school program to pick up Ladybug, the director asked if I got a call from the bus company. Oh that can't be good. As it turns out Ladybug got in a fight with a boy on the bus over a brown paper bag. An EMPTY brown paper bag. And she pushed him to the ground.
New rule: Ladybug is not allowed to touch another child EVER!
She forgot her lunch box at school.
She forgot her art project at the after school program.
But we are home. She is fed. She is cleaned. And in bed!
Hurricane Sandy has arrived. High winds, rain, drama. I have parked far away from the dead tree in my yard. And because of high winds, school and work are on a 2 hour delay. Tuesday has got to be a better day.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment