Sunday, March 10, 2013

Some things you don't see coming

My mom came to visit this weekend.  Ladybug had a skating show and she came to see it.  But after dinner on Friday night she hit me with some huge news.

The first thing was that she had lost her job.  This is huge.  As a single woman I know that not having a job would send me into panic mode.  No job?  No income?  How?  She was a case manager at a hospital in her small remote town.  The reality is that she was really good at her job.  But she is not a multi-tasker.  This means while she did a great job with everything she touched, she did not do everything that was expected of her.  But instead of getting fired, she was offered early retirement. 

Still, no income is not good.  How is she going to pay her bills?  Her mortgage?  Well that was a second huge news thing.  One of her best friends recently inherited one million dollars and decided to help some of her friends.  So she paid off my mom's entire mortgage.  House is bought and paid for.  Wow!  I really need a few friends like that.  I really need to own a house.  But since I rent I guess that is not really possible right now.

But neither of those things is the big news.  So as I am sitting there stunned and worried and wondering what the plan is.  And I don't even know if I could help.  And then she dropped the bomb.

My mom has decided to become a nun.  A NUN!  My mom?  Have I mentioned that I am an Atheist?

She is going to sell everything?  Move into a convent?  And be a nun?

And she wants me to visit the convent with her.

Yeah, I did not see that one coming.

Mean Mama

2 comments:

  1. I never comment on anything but I feel compelled to say, WHAAAATTTT?

    Aimee/EAFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...