Sometimes it takes a slap in the face (not literally) to understand the way things are suppose to be. I spent the day working on cases. I have an unusual situation right now in that I am working on 3 cases that are more social work then paralegal. Two -- yes TWO -- cases where the parents are divorcing because one parent tried to rape one of their children. Two cases! And one case where the children have suffered such abuse that one child has been diagnosed as multiple personality disorder. I spent my day typing run-of-the-mill documents and having intense conversations with parents. I spent my day typing run-of-the-mill documents are waiting for the phone to ring with an update on one of those cases. I spent most of the day typing run-of-the-mill documents and wishing that most of my job was about helping the families in crisis. I ended the day by realizing the universe could not be telling it any clearer. I want to go back to social work. I need my masters. I am a social worker. I am.
And then I got another slap in the face (again, not literally) tonight. This one led to a crying jag that has left me with a runny nose and puffy eyes. But I have not wrapped my head around it all yet so that post will have to wait.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment