Thursday, June 21, 2012

I don't like A/C

Seriously.  I know it is an odd thing to hate.  But I do.  I never used A/C before I moved south.  I had fans... I didn't need A/C.  I didn't even have A/C in my car.

So when I moved here I didn't even ask about A/C.  I didn't need it.  I could buy fans.

And then a heat wave hit my little town.  Last night it was 90 degrees.  And I had not bought fans yet.  So last night was a hard night.  She couldn't sleep... so I couldn't sleep.  At 1am I got up and put her in a cold shower.  She slept after that.

So today I went out and bought fans tonight.  One for her room.  One for my room.  And before I put her in bed I put one in her room.

Which wasn't all that easy.

I wanted to put it in the window.  She has 2 windows.  So I looked for the plug near her window.  There was none.  As it turned out there was only one plug in her room.  Yep, I live in an old house.  Only one plug?  So I went on a hunt for an extension cord ... because the plug is on the other side of the room as her windows.  I found 2 power surges.  I plugged one into the wall and the other into the first and the fan into the 3rd.  Hope that is safe.

I had the fan in one window but the cords couldn't stretch that far.  So I moved the fan into the other window.  While I was moving it, Ladybug closed the first window.  WHY?  It is hot.  We need the breeze.  So I abandoned the fan and went to open the window and adjust the shade.  While I was doing that, Ladybug went to investigate the fan.  Messed it up.  Had to readjust it all.  Then plugging it in required moving the bed and then crawling under it. 

And when everything was arranged and plugged in... nothing happened.  No movement.  It didn't work.  I banged everything around and said a few swear words and then it worked.  Ladybug is sleeping with a fan in her face.

And I am drenched in sweat.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...