Yesterday was a typical day of the illness.
I start the day out fine. No problems. Not feeling low energy (or at least not lower than normal). No hints of sickness at all. Running around. Making plans. Everything thing is normal.
At 3:30pm I left a meeting and began the 1 hour drive back to my office (because I forgot to pack my computer and I wasn't planning on being in the office today so I needed it with me).
As I pulled up to the office at 4:30pm I began to feel an inkling that maybe something was a little off. I wasn't really feeling sick but I was beginning to have a feeling that maybe I might be getting sick. I had a brief conversation and grabbed my stuff and left.
Just before 5pm I pulled into Ladybug's summer camp and I was feeling like crap. It took all my energy to get out the car and I hoped she was having a good day. She hadn't. It was actually terrible. She picked the wrong day to have a bad day.
We were home by 5:30pm and I went straight to bed. I tried to read. But I was exhausted. Every part of my body ached. It was hard to lift my head. My breathing was labored. If I breathed too deeply I would cough -- almost like what a person with asthma would have but I don't have asthma. I had a fever. And chills.
By 6pm Ladybug and I were asleep. Not moving anywhere. Not doing anything. No dinner. No TV. No internet. No nothing.
At 9:30pm I woke up and mustered enough energy to get up and lock up the house and change into PJs. Then I crawled back in bed and slept.
The alarm went off this morning at 6am. And I was fine. Like I had never been sick. Refreshed and ready to face a new day. Guess it was just a 12 hour flu??
No comments:
Post a Comment