I haven't been writing because there is nothing interesting happening in my life. I have run out of things to write about. That's all there is.
RIGHT!
I haven't been writing because I am overwhelmed. Life is ... stressful.
Ladybug finished 2nd grade. With fantabulous grades. Everything was going great.
Well, not really. But I like to live in the land of delusion.
While school was ending I became aware that perhaps Ladybug had something medical going on. The first worry was that perhaps she had diabetes -- or as the doctor called it, insulin resistance. The good news is that the blood work (which did not require me to hold her down in a restraint for) came back perfectly normal. The second worry was that perhaps she had a thyroid concern. The jury is still out on this. But with my mommy doctor degree I am already convinced she does in fact have it. Her TSH level came back just high of the range. Her free t4 came back in range but on the low end (she wanted to be on the end of the range). And she had antibodies. As the nurse said, present but not high. It shouldn't be present at all. So she has a neck ultrasound scheduled in a couple of weeks. So we wait.
Nothing new for my health. Yet. I had blood work done yesterday for my thyroid. I find out numbers on Monday. I have an ultrasound of my ovaries tomorrow. I had cysts at the last ultrasound. But since I have PCOS it was not really a shocker. I have not dealt with physical therapy for my knee or foot things.
Ladybug has been spending some time with her dentist. Which is a big deal since it is a 2 hour drive to her office. But things are going well. She had them cleaned. She had them sealed. She had a cavity filled. She had 2 sets of x-rays. She needs one baby tooth pulled in August - unless she pulls it out first. Then she will be done.
The real problem is that as school was ending we also decided to change her medications. I guess when I start a paragraph like that you know this isn't going to be good. We weaned her off the guanfacine. And she started prozac. It is not going well. All the old behaviors are back. Defiance. Anger. Dissatisfaction. Her psychiatrist wants her to be like this for the next 6 weeks. I am not sure I will make it through week one.
And with that I think it is time for me to go to bed. So much more is happening. But I make no promises about blogging.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment