Sunday, June 20, 2010

Commercials

I tend to ignore commercials. I personally think that food commercials should be outlawed. Cigarette commercials were outlawed because they did not want to encourage people to do such an unhealthy thing. Do we really need to be encouraging people to eat? Do you forget? I DON'T! I need to be encouraged NOT to eat.

But in celebration of Father's Day Wendy's has broken out their newest commercial (or maybe it is old and being recycled and I just never saw it before). It is simple. And sweet. And touched my heart. And made me cry.

Someone carrying a tray of 4 frosties. Voice over says, "What is your favorite frosty?" Person with the frosty tray sits down at a table with 2 kids and a woman. Voice over says, "The first one you share with your new adoptive family." It is obviously an older child, sibling, transracial adoption. Good job Wendy's!!!

It got me in the door today. We went for father's day -- yes I am aware I am a single mother. We got cheese burgers and chocolate frosties. We ordered strawberry ones but we were handed chocolate ones. And I didn't even bitch. Because they support my life choices and beliefs. That will earn you a lot of points in my book.

Blew the diet for the day (but last 2 days were great) but it was worth it.

Mean Mama

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!! And good job for keeping cool on the frostys (frosties?)

    Chocolate is way better anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...