Wednesday, June 23, 2010

That will teach me to be negative

I called the state DOR this morning. I was not going to let this tax issue fester. I want my money.

I called and wandered through the automated system until I got to the point of being asked if I wanted to talk to a live person. I hate automated system. HATE! And then I waited on hold. Because apparently lots of people complain to them. I waited for about 13 minutes. And then the line went dead.

UGH!!!!

So I called again. And wandered again. And stayed on hold again. And then a live person answered. YIPPPEEEEE! She looked up my case. I was prepared for all kinds of arguments. But I waited until she told me what the problem was. The calculated my taxes and apparently I was due a refund just about $100 MORE then I had calculated my refund to be. MORE!! Again, YIPPPEEEEE! I told her I am moving so she took my new address so it can be mailed to me directly.

The bad news (because when it comes to taxes there always has to be some bad news) is that despite my refund being calculated, they do not know when the check will be written or mailed. But I decided not to fight that.

Please let it be soon.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...