Sunday, July 18, 2010

family planning

I picked Ladybug up from school one day last week. I noticed the edginess returning to her. She was bating me. She wanted things to go wrong. And the less I engaged in it the harder she tried.

"I don't want...."
"I don't like..."
"No!"

So I finally confronted it. Well the ignorance approach wasn't working. So I asked what she was angry about. No answer. Oh how I hate that. I ask a question. She stares at me blankly. I asked if she was angry. No answer. I HATE that! I asked her if she was sad. No answer. Oh help me. I can not do this. So I am counting -- in order to stay calm. And then she starts sobbing. Body wrenching sobbing. What is going on?

She is not going to talk while crying. And there is nothing I can say to get her to stop crying. So I let her cry. What choice do I have? When she has calmed down enough to talk between the sobs I ask again. What are you sad about.

Ladybug: I wish I had a sister.
Me: (I know this. I don't see it happening. Help.) A sister?
Ladybug: And a brother.
Me: Oh geez!
Ladybug: If I had a brother and sister what would they be to you?
Me: They would be my kids.
Ladybug: They wouldn't be kids.
Me: You want them to be grown ups?
Ladybug: Yes.
Me: Why?
Ladybug: Because grown ups get to play.

So I apparently need to adopt 2 adults so that she has playmates. I always knew that if I was going to adopt again it would have to be a child older then her. But grown ups?

Any takers?

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...