My boss, the big boss, is a smart man. He knows that sometimes you have to give a little to keep us happy. Mini boss has not learned that lesson yet.
One of the ways big boss keeps us happy is by closing the office early every other Friday. Office closes at 1pm. We go home. Or off to some fun thing. I rarely ever leave the office during the week. I bring my lunch. I don't run errands. I don't go out shopping. I try not to throw fits and storm out. I go into work at 8:30 and I leave work at 5pm. I use that half day Friday to run errands, go shopping, or take naps. I count on those half day Fridays. I mean, life requires that sometimes we are available to do things during regular business hours.
So today was half day. Which is good. Because I needed to use the afternoon to sign Ladybug up for her new after school program. I need to get this done. School starts in about 5 or 6 weeks. But we had a staff meeting today to discuss cases. And as my list of things is growing. Things that must get done by Monday. Or Thursday -- before going on vacation on Friday. It become evident that I am not leaving work at 1pm when the meeting adjourns at 12:30.
The secretary leaves at 1pm -- no surprise there.
The other paralegal leaves at one -- she is going out of town.
The big boss leaves at 1pm -- lunch, he will be back. But he left around 3pm for the day.
The mini boss left at 1pm -- lunch, he will be back. He left at 4:15pm for the day.
I stayed. Stayed. And stayed. I worked. And worked some more. And at 4:50pm I left for the day. With a very long list of things that still need to get done. Ten minutes early. That sucks.
I headed off to get Ladybug. Got on the highway and it was a parking lot. Got off at the next exit. Crossed over to the other side of town and made it to Ladybug the back way.
Home. Eating lots of carbs! And working. Oh yes! I was dumb enough to have my home computer set up to tie into the network at work. So I can work from home. The purpose of this was so if Ladybug was sick I could still get work done. Ladybug is never sick. Literally. So I am working.
And I must get back to it. YUCK!
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment