So after last week's hair fiasco one would think that maybe one of us has learned a lesson. I took her scissors away. I don't trust that she won't cut again. But yesterday morning she came up to my room again. Yes it was a Sunday. Again. Yes I was still sleeping. Again. Yes she was acting sweet. Again. And she asked for the scissors.
Now I know that any sane parent would not have hesitated before saying -- NO!. But as you are likely aware by now, I am not sane. So I hesitated in my response. At which point she explained she needed the scissors because she was making me a picture. The night before I had bought her a coloring roll. This is like a coloring book only all the pages are on a large roll of paper. She had colored one for me and she wanted to cut it off for me.
AWWWW. How sweet. And since the scissors were laying on my bedside table, I handed them to her. And as she ran out of my room I yelled, "No hair!" and she yelled back, "I know, Mama!" And I went back to sleep.
And when I got up I found 4 (yes 4!) neatly snipped scissor holes in her pajama top.
UGH
Lesson learned. No scissors. Ever. For any reason. Unless I am present (mind, body, and spirit).
It is so important that I learn these lessons. It is probably less important that she does.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment