Monday, December 6, 2010

my new puppy

As I finished my other post today, and I was reading it to see if I had made any really stupid comments, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye.  So I casually glanced in that direction.  And I saw something crawl across the room.  Toward my cedar chest.

It was a bit of a blur.  And it crawled under the cedar chest before I got a good look at it.  But I knew what it was.  So instead of ignoring it... instead of checking it out... I first made a side trip.  I went to the laundry room.  And armed myself.  I came out with the most deadly weapon I know of.  A tall purple can.  Roach killer.

I went back to the living room and got down on my hands and knees.  Only to discover that apparently I don't spend much time on my knees.  It hurts to kneel on my knees.  So I got down on my belly.  And hoped that the thing had not climbed the stairs up to the bedrooms while I was arming myself.  In the shadows of the cedar chest I saw a little movement in the back.  So I waited.  I stalked.  I ... soon realized that if I was going to strike at some point I was not really in the prime position to attack and protect myself at the same time.  Let's face it -- I am too big to move fast from prone on the floor to up on my feet.

So I got on my feet and waited.  Waited...  I could out wait a roach.  And eventually it ventured out into the open.  And I had one thought.

That thing is the size of a small dog.

But I am the size of a small elephant.  So I pointed and I shot.

And it charged me.  I mean really charged.  Ran full force at me. 

So I stumbled backwards.  Almost lost my footing.  Tried to jump onto the couch.  Missed.  Almost fell.  scrambled up onto the couch.  Pointed and shot again. 

It turned tail and ran.  I hopped off the couch and charged after it.  Spraying the entire time.  And finally it died.



Mean Mama

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...