I woke up this morning knowing there was a possibility that school was canceled for Ladybug. So the first thing I did was log on to the computer and check the status. Remember the time when we would wait perched by the radio hoping just to hear the name of our school? Mine never got canceled -- the superintendent of my school was from Alaska so he would look out the window and think "I've seen worse." Ladybug's was canceled.
I was only working until noon today so I could take the afternoon off to get my hair cut and do a little Christmas shopping. As much as I complain about my boss, I have to admit I have some perks. I knew I could take her into the office and he would not freak. So I packed her up and we traveled into work.
I was the first to arrive. In the building -- not just my office. They were still cleaning the parking lot when I arrived and they all stopped and looked at me. I know they were thinking I was crazy. This should have been clue number 1. I started work. She watched movies. And drew pictures of horses and rein deers.
At some point it occurred to me that nobody else was there. NOBODY! This should have been clue number 2. The other paralegal was on a vacation day so I wasn't expecting her. I checked the messages on the phone. The secretary said the roads were bad and she would try to be in by noon. The attorneys? Who knew. At about 11:30 am (yes, I am a slow learner), I checked my cell phone to get a phone number and discovered I had a message. I listened to it. It was my boss (mini) saying that I didn't have to go to work today. It never occurred to me to check my messages. It never occurred to me that work might be closed.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
You overachiever! :D Will they appreciate the work you got done today?? :D
ReplyDeleteWhat did I get done? I went to work. I never said I did work.
ReplyDelete