Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shoes!

I am back in shoes.  Well, for a few days now but I have been lazy and not blogged.

On Sunday I put on a pair of sneakers.  And I immediately wished I had bought a pair of sneakers with a bigger toe box.  Just being enclosed in the shoes caused enough pressure on my poor broken toe that it was generally painful.  But I kept it on.  The sole of the sneakers was not stiff enough to assist with the clutch without pain either.  But I remained hopeful

On Monday I decided to try my sandals.  I slipped my shoe on and felt -- nothing.  It was fine.  No pain.  And because it was a Dansko with a thick sole -- it didn't even hurt to shift.  And as I drove to work being very happy with my shoe choice I remembered a conversation I had with a friend just hours before I broke my toe.

We were walking around a hip town looking for a birthday present for my step mom when we passed a little store selling "comfortable" shoes.  I am all about comfort.  I love my Dansko shoes.  So I turned to my friend and suggested that perhaps she should consider getting a pair. 

Friend:  I have 60 pairs.
Mama: (thinking about the idea of having 60 pairs of shoes because I am pretty sure that I have about 10 pairs) Yes, but you need a pair of Dansko.
Friend:  I know.  I have 60 pairs.
Mama: (dawning) Of Dansko?
Friend: Yes.
Mama: (chin dropping) Plus other types of shoes?
Friend: Yes.
Mama:  Really?
Friend:  You know I have a shopping problem.
Mama: But 60?
Friend:  I am not allowed on Ebay anymore.

So now I am a regular visitor of Ebay wondering if I will make my first Ebay purchase.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...