Thursday, August 25, 2011

First day of First Grade

Another break from the vacation chronicles...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  First day of school has arrived.  And this year Ladybug is entering First Grade.

Last night was hard.Everything she did...everything she said... was geared at being mean to me.  She was dismissive.  She was bossy.  She was ... well... ugly.

She was scared.

We picked out clothes.  I wanted her to wear a dress.  Just once.  First day.  Pictures.  Pretty. 
She wanted to wear shorts and a t-shirt.  Not the first day!  Please.



We compromised.  A skirt and t-shirt.

I was so excited to hear about her new teacher -- since we could not meet her the other evening.  Only she wasn't there.  Don't know why yet.  A 6 year old can not remember those kinds of details.  So I wait to see how this all develops.

On her part... she loved school.  Which is an improvement from last year.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...