Thursday, August 25, 2011

unexpected visitor


Have you ever lived in a town so small that it rolls up the carpet and puts it away at a certain time?  My mom does.  And I just had to prove it to myself.

Before coming on vacation I had my period (I know, TMI).  I was pleased that I would not need to worry about that pain during vacation.  And I did not pack for it.  Why bother to be prepared for something that just was not going to happen?

Because that is my kind of luck.

I was sitting on the couch, with Ladybug and my mom, watching a movie, when I got that feeling.  Ladies, you know THAT feeling.  And I thought, “Oh crap!”  Okay, I might have thought some other words but let’s just go with those.  So I asked to borrow my mom’s car (because it was parked behind mine) to make a quick run to the store to find some protection.  I pull up to the grocery store at 9:17pm.  Get out of the car.  Walk toward the door and see the hours posted in very large letters.

7am-9pm

Crap!  Or whatever word you like best.  So I go to the drug store.  Which apparently closes earlier than the grocery store.  Then to the second grocery store across town, which is only like 2 miles.  Closed.

Well now what?  I mean, I can’t go a night without protection.  Not possible.  So I stop at the gas station and find what I am looking for.  Along with all the other customers who are there buying beer.  I guess I wasn’t the only person who forgot something that day.

And after all that, my period decided to leave the next day.  Just testing me I guess.

Mean Mama

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...