I will say that I like this teacher more than last year's teacher. Her kindergarten teacher was nice. And happy. And competent. But she still seemed to think I was the problem. And that everything had a solution. And Ladybug was still labeled.
This year the teacher may be new but she is more proactive. Or at least seems to be. When Ladybug started acting up -- during the first full week of school -- I told her to come up with a daily (not weekly) behaviorally chart. I must deal with the issues daily not weekly. She has asked the school for information on the IEP/504 process. Only the county has told schools to put them off for as long as possible because of all the wonderful budget cuts. But she asked.
Her problems include:
doesn't play well with others (proven by throwing things at other kids)
disruptive (proven by singing and humming every chance she gets -- except during music class)
forgetful (I think it is more of a listening issue then a forgetful one)
and now we are onto the bathroom issue.
I know the last one seems odd. She loves bathrooms. Well public bathrooms. I don't get it. When we were at Disney (with 7 females and 2 males), anytime someone had to use a bathroom, she had to too. I pretty much never did. I mean ... well ... gross. I hate public bathrooms. She is fascinated by them. I don't get it.
This week she got in trouble 3 times for bathroom related issues.
Taking over 20 minutes in the bathroom -- she is not my father. She needs to go in, take care of business, and get back to class.
Hiding in the bathroom. This is classroom avoidance.
Playing in the water in the bathroom. Hey, at least she was washing her hands.
She will go from one issue to the next as we get them under control. We just need to stay on our toes.
The good news is that, overall, she is doing great at the after school program. And, as usual, I like the counselors at the after school program.
No comments:
Post a Comment