Monday, December 12, 2011

I knew it was coming

She has been doing so well that I knew we were going to blow. 

This morning was... well... hell.

She woke me up an HOUR before I had to get up and I didn't go to bed until nearly 1:30am so I was already pleasant.
When it came time to get ready she wouldn't put down the video game.
She couldn't figure out how to find her pants.
That she put away.
I had to ask her 6 times to get them on.
Oh and then she hit me.
She couldn't figure out how to put her jacket on.
She had a fit that I threw away the rest of the birthday cake.
Because ants were all over it.
Then she didn't put on her socks and shoes.
She stood in the bathroom staring at me with the toothbrush hanging out of her mouth refusing to brush her teeth for about 5 minutes.
And then the fake crying started...

She made it through school without major issues.  She blew out of jump rope club before she even walked in the door.  She cried while at the afterschool program.

I knew what I had to do.  I had to cancel my plans to go to the gym.  I had to go home.  Sit with her while she did homework.  Cook with her.  Do arts and crafts with her.  Read stories with her.  If I had any hope of getting out of this with little damage.  And then when we were walking out to the car this is the conversation we had...

Ladybug: Are you going to olkdfoffgre me?
Me: What? (I swear I thought she asked me if I was going to punch her.  That can't be right.  Can it?)
Ladybug:  Are you going to kjsdfhnef me?
Me: Honey I can't hear you.  What are you asking?  (This time I am pretty sure she is asking if I am going to push her.  Really?  What is going through her head).
Ladybug: Are you going to punish me?
Me: (Oh now that makes more sense.  And is far less scary then what was going on in my head).  No.  I was thinking we needed to spend some extra time together and try to make things better.
Ladybug: Oh.  Okay.

Please let tomorrow be better. Pleeeeeeeease!

Mean Mama
i hate the fake crying

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...