One of the suggestions on this diet is to occasionally take a detox bath to help with the weight loss process. So since I have been on the diet for a week now I decided that it was time to do my first detox bath.
The detox bath is suppose to be (unless I got it wrong) water as hot as you can stand it with 2 cups of epsom salt and 2 cups of baking soda. Easy enough. So I filled the bath with hot water and the ingredients and then tried to squeeze into the tub. I do not have a large hot tub style bath. I do not have a large garden style tub. I have a regular apartment style tub. Which is not meant to accommodate my size of a body. But with the hot water waiting me, I stepped gingerly into the tub and slowly sat down. As I saw the water level rise as I lowered my body I began to wonder if this was going to work. In the end I fit -- like a sardine.
So I soaked -- or cooked because the water was so hot. I had heard that many people have bad reactions to this bath so I was a little worried what might happen. I had brief flashes of either getting sick or, more likely, getting stuck in the tub. What would be the options at that point. I would need to yell for my Ladybug who was sleeping. She would need to find my cell phone and call 911. And what a lovely image it would be to have these young paramedics attempting to hoist my naked butt out of a detox tub. But even with these images I soaked. And I did not feel sick. After about 20 minutes I had had enough and decided to get out.
Now normally when I have to get up off the floor I need to flip onto my knees and then pull myself up. Have I mentioned how small that tub is? I let the water out and then some how managed roll over and hoist myself out of the tub. I am sure it was not graceful. I am sure it was not pretty. But was it worth it?
This morning I woke up to a drop in weight of .4 pounds. .4!!!! I risked having to expose myself to paramedics for less then 1/2 pound? Yep. Not such a huge drop in weight.
Normally I wake up in the morning and crawl out of bed. The first step is painful to my feet. And then it takes at least 20 steps before my knees work normally. But this morning I crawled out of bed and was halfway to Ladybug's room (oh how I love being able to say that since we no longer share a room!) before I realized I had no foot or knee pain. I don't know if it is because of the bath or not but I promise to squeeze myself into that tub and hoist myself out as much as possible for the ability to have a pain free morning.
And just for the record -- my total weight loss for the week is 10.2 pounds.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment