Is that normal?
So I asked a simple question. Did she expect to get what she wanted because she through a fit? I didn't get an answer. I didn't really expect one. But it did slow her down. And when the screaming subsided I made her a promise. I told her I could make very few promises in life but one I could promise her was that whenever she threw a fit I promised she would never get what she wanted. That stopped her.
But we have had good moments. Like this evening while we were watching Ella Enchanted (for the 4th time in 24 hours) and she asked for cuddle time. Or earlier in the week when she did the dishes (she thinks it's fun). Or the ridiculous number of please and thank you's that I have heard this week. Or the middle of the night when she reaches for me and says she just wants to hold my hand. Or this evening walking back from the mailbox and she took my hand without me prompting.
I take my good times in moments. Because they come in moments. They are fleeting. And they are sweet. I live for those moments. My heart practically explodes with pure love and joy when they come. And I hope that as we get into therapy those moments will come more frequently.
Fingers crossed...and enjoying the moments as they come.
Awwwwwwwww treasure those moments...and remember them in the hard times.
ReplyDelete