Friday, March 11, 2011

The dreaded weight update

I resisted a weight update in my last new years resolution update.  Which, of course, can only mean that I had bad news.  And...I did.

So let me back up.  February was a hard month.  I was not dieting for the month.  It was my month off.  I started the month at 269.8.  Just under that 270 mark.  And then in February Ladybug got sick.  Nothing serious.  Just a head cold.  And only for about 2 days.  But it was just long enough for her to share it with me.  And while she was sick for 2 days -- I was closer to the 10 day mark.  Head cold.  Couldn't breathe.  Lots of coughing.  Feeling generally crappy.  I even went to the doctor and she told me... I wasn't sick.  No sinus problems.  No chest issues.  No flu.  I was so healthy, in fact, that she gave me a flu shot.  But I started to feel better -- miraculously right after I visited the doctor.  But then Ladybug got sick.  And I took her to the doctor.  And he said...she wasn't sick.  Yep.  Two miserable people who weren't really sick.  And lots of doctor bills to prove we actually are just hypochondriacs.

This is all said because one of my goals for the month of February was to work out with Bob and Jillian with the Wii Biggest Loser every day for 21 days.  I did the first day.  Which just about killed me.  I did day 2 which I thought was really going to kill me.  And I haven't turned the Wii on since.  Definitely did not meet that goal.  And then on top of not exercising I was eating like a sumo wrestler.  I am an emotional eater and Ladybug and I were having issues.

So I started my last round of starvation dieting at.... OMG I so don't want to say this... 282.8.  Oh yes, I am successful when it comes to gaining weight.  SHOCKING!  But I jumped on that diet bandwagon and was perfect.  I mean perfect.  I did not cheat.  I was hungry.  And I fantasized about food.  But I was going to be successful.  I was going to get skinny (skinnier).  And at week one I was down to 276.4.  6.4 pounds in one week.  Who could not be happy about that.  Well, I was hoping for 10 but I was thrilled with 6.4.  And then on day one of week 2 I got sick.

There seems to be a lot of that for me this year.

But this was not a head cold.  I woke up...rolled over...blacked out from dizziness.  Really??  How do I black out while laying down.  I was out for just a few seconds and then woke up feeling like I was going to puke.  I spent all day convinced I had food poisoning.  Tummy issues, nausea, dizziness.  I had salmonella once and this felt a lot like that.  On the one hand I could not afford food poisoning.  I mean I was in bed for 3 weeks last time this happened.  But on the positive side -- I lost about 30 pounds when I had it.  But I have a child... and a job... and a lot of bills.  I can not have food poisoning.  And I didn't.

It turned out that I just have some inner ear infection.  It makes me really dizzy.  I had the bed spins so bad last night that I seriously almost puked.  I spent a couple of days needing to hang on to a wall just to walk.  I made it to work.  I even managed to get a little work done.  It is not fun to go through a day feeling like your head is about 4 feet above your shoulders.  It made me feel like I was on a roller coaster -- and I hate roller coasters.

So I decided that there was no way I was going to be able to make it through the week hungry and dizzy.  Both require my complete concentration.  I couldn't deal with both at the same time.  So I stopped dieting on day 2 of week 2.  Now that I have made it through the dizzy week and most of the symptoms have lessened, I have decided it is time to get back on the starvation wagon.  So on Monday I start the diet again.

The goal:  3 weeks from Monday I will be in the 250s.  Please!

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...