Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Down!

Just a quick update...and staying positive.

Tonight was my first weigh in with Weight Watchers.  I have been on the plan for 1 week.  I have read and learned and eaten.  I have cheated but always stayed within my point range.  I planned on starting to walk again this week -- after resting my shin splints.  But I didn't.  No excuses.  Just didn't.  It has been hard to get out of bed in the morning.  So I haven't fought it.

Tonight I went to my meeting.  On the way there I decided I would be happy if I was down 2 pounds.  I could deal with 2 pounds.  That is all I needed.  Oh please don't let me be disappointed with 2 pounds.  Or even better, please don't let me have lost less that 2 pounds.

So I held my breath and stepped on the scale (with happy southern belle boy reading the scale) and discovered that I was down ...3.8 pounds.  3.8!  Really.  Let me say that again.  3.8 pounds.  In one week.  While eating some ice cream (not Ben and Jerry's).  Oh please let this work for me. 

I can do better with the diet.  I can start exercising.  It is still being successful without perfection and without exercise.  I am still being successful. 

Goal for next week...2 pounds.  Really.  I can will be happy with 2 pounds.  Check in next week to see how I do.

Mean Mama

1 comment:

  1. Go Mean Mama! I ate a scone at 1am this morning. Terrible. I want to do better too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...