There has been so much drama and trauma in the last couple of days and it would be easy for me to just go on and on and on. But to be honest, I don't have the energy to do that tonight.
So after nearly 2 years of looking for a new job that will allow me to move closer to those I love, I have once again managed to start the interviewing process again. It was just pure luck actually. A few jobs came open. I saw them at the right time and I applied. There have been so few appropriate jobs for me to apply for that I was giving up hope.
Both jobs are with DSS. In the same state but different areas of the state.
The first interview was as a caseworker. They were interested in me because I have a degree in social work and I am a paralegal. However, it because obvious during the interview that they had no idea what a paralegal does. Apparently a fair amount of the job is court involved and they wanted someone who was comfortable in front of judge. judge's don't worry me. But the reality is, I am a paralegal -- not a lawyer. I don't go to court. I don't go before a judge. I think the interview went well. They said they were hoping to make decisions about second interviews within a week or so. Two weeks have passed. The job is no longer posted. I might not have made the cut.
The second interview was as a Domestic Violence Specialist. Now with my background this would be a great fit. I had the interview on Friday. I think it went well. An interesting thing happened in the interview. It was a panel of people. One woman spoke up and she told me that she had work at 2 of the same places I had worked at -- just years before me. Which is odd because I have only had 5 professional jobs since graduating from college. I don't know if that helped or not, just thought it was interesting. But at the end they asked me to send my list of references... which I might need to get to tonight before going to bed.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment