Friday, October 15, 2010

Jeans!

Last Christmas vacation, while I was out of town and eating more food then most thought was possible, I discovered that my jeans were getting way to tight to be comfortable. Hard to move. Hard to sit. I was gaining weight at an alarming rate. I didn't think I could make it one more day without another pair of jeans. A pair that fit. One that would allow me to sit in my car for 18 hours and drive home without doing serious damage to my internal organs.

So I stopped at Walmart and bought a pair of jeans. I didn't try them on. I bought a pair that says that they have roomy hips and thighs. I bought a pair that was in the size that should fit me. I ran in. I bought. I ran out. When I got back to my friend's house, I tried them on. They would not go up over my knees. Not joking. Not exaggerating. I have hips. I have thighs. Lots of both. Thank you German birth mother for passing those 2 lovely things on to me.

I thought about giving the jeans to my friend. Who is roughly the same size as me (maybe a little smaller) but completely different body shape. She has skinny legs. I have tree trunks. But I ended up throwing them in my suitcase and bringing them home. I hung them in my closet -- with the tags still on. And there they remained.

Today is Friday. So I can dress casual in the office. And it is chilly. So I decided to wear jeans. I pulled out a pair. A pair I had little hope of fitting into. I wore these jeans on a cruise in 2004. At that time I weighed about 30 pounds lighter then I do now. They did not make it over my knees this morning. De Ja Vu!

I pulled out the Walmart pair. Nearly a year of hanging in the closet. They came up over my knees. They made it over my thighs. They slid over my hips. They buttoned. And zipped. They fit! They tags came off.

It wasn't until I got into the office that I realized that they don't really fit. You see, they are too long. About 5 inches too long. So I have the back of the hem tucked into my clogs and I am walking on the hem. But they fit. And I look good in them.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...