Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sleeeeeeeep

Last night has to have been my worst night of sleep in such a long time. I admit I went to bed a little late. And I must stop doing that. But that was just the beginning.

Around 3am I noticed that Ladybug had at some point crawled into bed with me because she now cuddled up to me. Her sweet little hands caressed my face and I drifted back to sleep with my hand on her hair. But a few minutes later she woke me asking if she could go back to her room. I, of course, said yes and she crawled out of bed.

I tried drifting off to sleep again but she seemed to be making an awful lot of noise in her room.

Me: Honey.
Ladybug: Yes.
Me: Come here please.
Ladybug: Ok.
..........
Me: Honey
Ladybug: Yes
Me: Are you coming here?
Ladybug: Yes.
.........
Ladybug: Yes Mama.
Me: What are you doing in your room.
Ladybug: Playing.
Me: Honey, it is 3:00 in the morning (like that means anything to her). Please go to bed.
Ladybug: Aawwwwww!
Me: Honey, it is dark outside. Everybody else is asleep.
Ladybug: Not the people in China.
Me: .... Okay but everybody here is. Please go to bed.
Ladybug: Where?
Me: Here. Your Bed. You pick just go to sleep.

And she trotted off back to bed.

At about 5:35am she was back in my room.

Ladybug: Mama?
Me: Yes (please read this with a whiny voice)
Ladybug: Can I get up now?
Me: No.
Ladybug: This is taking forever.
Me: Honey, it is still dark out. You need to sleep. I need to sleep!
Ladybug: Fiiiiiine.

And she trotted off to bed again.

At just before 7:30am she was back in my room.

Ladybug: Mama?
Me: (Why? My alarm hasn't even gone off. I opened one eye)
Ladybug: Can I get up now. It is light outside.
Me: Yes.

She happily went to play in her room and I rolled over. About 30 seconds later my alarm went off.

So so so tired.

Mean Mama
PS- 5.6 down and 118.6 to go!

1 comment:

  1. My son was the same way when he was a child. He grew up to be a night owl! I don't know if it is good or bad as he is pretty healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...