Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekly Update

First I would like you to meet my new best friend...

In keeping with my desire to also be debt free I knew that I would need to be saving my nickles and dimes for this challenge as I went along. So I bought this cute little piggy bank. It was Target so it was cheap. But it caused much jealousy from Ladybug. She now has "piggy bank" on her Christmas list.

So this is the help my dear sweet little blue pig will provide. Each day I get up and weigh myself. For every .1 of a pound that I change from the previous day's weight I must put in at least $0.10 into the piggy bank. My scale changes weight in .2 increments. Here is the kicker -- in trying to keep myself motivated -- I need to put in money if I lose or I gain. So if I gain and lose the same pound for weeks I must put in money. If I stay the same -- no money goes in. This might mean that Project Hopeful will want me to keep changing weight in either direction but I am hoping they will still feel encouraged to help me lose it.

So what was my success for the week???? See for yourself.



Down a total of 5.8 pounds. Not nearly as good as I would have hoped. But still good. I will be happy with this. For now. I did cheat, as I confessed. But I didn't even touch the ice cream or cake at the birthday party yesterday. Which was great for me. The other set back (which I know is TMI) is that I got my period. It is hard enough to lose weight. Near impossible to do it when you have your period. And on this diet -- forget about it.

So that means that I am making progress. I am 6.8 pounds away from leaving the category of morbidly obese and moving into the plain old obese category. Have I mentioned that I am short, too? Maybe by next update I will be obese??? Oh the goals I strive for! LOL

I will keep you posted.

Mean Mama
PS- 5.8 down and 118.4 to go!

1 comment:

  1. thats great keep it up! I am working on losing about 30 pounds myself.not going good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...