I know we are not done fixing our relationship. But I also know we must celebrate the successes we have had. Today was a real test.
I picked her from school and she was leaping around. Excited. Hyper. A little crazy.
Ladybug:: Can we go out for pizza? Can we? Can we? Please?
And I had to disappoint her. She was not happy. I got a bunch of dirty looks. But she bounced back.
I asked her to go shopping with me. I really wanted to find a pair of boots for her that she can wear with her halloween costume. So off to a local shoe store we went.
We found 4 contenders. She did like one. I didn't like one. Down to 2. I wanted the one with lots of buckles that made it look funky. She wanted the shiny pair -- in reality she liked it because they were high heeled. In the end I said no to hers and she said no to mine.
More dirty looks. More pouting. Verging on punishing me. Refused to hold my hand.
And then we headed to Target to see if we could find a pair of boots there. It is a new Target. I got all turned around. It took me 15 minutes to find the shoe section -- no joke.
She asked me to buy her a toy. No
She asked me to buy her a Barbie. No
She asked me to buy her clothes from Shake It Up. No
She asked me to buy her an Ipod. No
She asked me to buy her an Ipad. No
She asked me to buy her a Nook. No
She asked me to buy her a computer. No
She asked me to buy her candy. No
She asked again if I would buy her a toy. No
I found the shoe section. She was on the verge of being pissy. But still willing to try on boots. We found a pair. And they are cute!
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment