Friday, March 9, 2012

Please explain

I wonder sometimes why I drive Ladybug to school every morning.  From my front door to the school's front door is .5 miles.  Half!  She could do that.  But I drive her.  Because we have to leave at the same time.  And I drive right by her school on  my way to work.  So... why not. 

But this morning I discovered something that made me go ... HUH?  I was driving Ladybug to school this morning.  I got behind a school bus.  In my complex.  It stopped.  A mom put her son on the bus.  Then the bus drive to school. 

I measured it.  By driving distance it was .2 miles from the bus stop to the school's front door.  However, there is a paved sidewalk from the complex to the school so the distance the child would have to walk is likely .1 mile.  One tenth of a mile... and he rides the bus??? 

When did this become acceptable?

Mean Mama

1 comment:

  1. our district you have to be a full 2 miles from school to get the school bus. Thats crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...