Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Title I update

Do you remember back in the fall when I was told my child was in danger of failing because she was so far behind in her reading?  I was shocked.  How could my child fail first grade at the beginning of the year?  But they had a plan.  Title I.  Now Title I is a good thing.  If your child needs it.  I didn't believe she did.  She could read.  How silly to suggest she didn't.  But I signed her up for the class.  Let her go.  Let her read.  Let her prove me (or her teachers wrong).

Within about 4 weeks into the class -- which a mandatory year long commitment -- the Title I teacher told me that she thought Ladybug knew more then she was letting on.  Shocker!  But she stayed in the class -- because, to quote the teacher, it takes an act of God to get a child out of Title I mid year. 

Soon the teacher was doing 2 lessons plans each day.  One for Ladybug and one for the rest of the class.  Ladybug just sailed past her classmates -- or was already ahead of them.

And last week I got the email.  You know... THE email... from the teacher... saying I was right.  She is so far beyond all the other kids that she needs to leave the class.  I told you so!

Oh but nice job.  Nice job dropping this on my lap.  They needed my help.  Because while they wanted to remove her from the Title I class, they weren't sure how she would react.  Really??  A child with attachment issues might have a problem with change?  NO!  Say it ain't so!

But I did not throw it back to them.  I mean, I am the mom.  So I did the work.  And I got her prepared for the change.  And this week... she is out of the class.

Mama always knows best.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...