This is another one of my favorite Ethiopian dishes. I start with this.
The spices are ginger, tumeric, and garlic. I really tried to remember this time to go light on the ginger. And it is important to remember that tumeric will stain -- I actually bought metal measuring spoons to prevent from getting the stains on my cooking supplies. Start by cooking the onions -- plain, again.
While that is cooking I cut the meat. I cheated a little. I had bought stir fry beef so it was cut into strips already. So I only had to cut some of the strips into the bite size pieces (some were already bite size).
Add the butter, spices, and meat to the onions. Simmer. And breathe deeply to enjoy the wonderful smells.
Then cut the anaheim. Again, I opt to mince but you can quarter and remove once cooked.
I divided it into 1 cup containers and freeze -- I am so looking forward to eating it. I am always surprised at how little of this dish there is when I start with so much meat (important to note that those are actually 2 cup containers since I ran out of 1 cup containers -- so each one is easily 2 meals for the 2 of us).
Yum!
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment