Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A trip to Ethiopia

I really want to take a trip back to Ethiopia.  It is not because I LOVE and MISS Ethiopia because 5 years ago when I picked up Ladybug I had the best trip ever.  Because I didn't.  My trip was miserable.  By the time I arrived home I was tied, sick, and confused.  I went from the guest house to the orphanage.  We did nothing fun.  My child screamed.  And grieved.  She shared bronchitis, ringworm, ear infections, and scabies with me.

But I want to go back.  I want to share Ethiopia with Ladybug.  I want to give back.  I want to focus on something other than myself.  I want to shake up my life.  And I found a program.  It would allow Ladybug to come with me.  It would allow me to do something other than just being a tourist.  It is a program that is not religious based so I would not feel like an outsider in the group.  It is this program.

And I can afford it.  I think.  It would be a stretch.  But I could afford it.  What I can not afford is the plane tickets.  I can not justify this.  I am debt free -- basically.  I can not buy 2 tickets and be in debt.  I can't do it.  It makes me sad. 

I can't go on this trip.  So I have decided to donate my money from last month's 10% challenge money to them.  I can't go.  I can't donate my blood, sweat, and tears.  But maybe what they need more than that is some money to buy the supplies that they need.

Check's in the mail.

Mean Mama

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. :)
    We will miss you guys this round. I think my little one would totally dig Ladybug.
    'never fear, there will be another trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...