Monday, November 21, 2011

Could it be...

I have spent enough time complaining bitching talking about the sleep problems in our house.  She doesn't sleep.  Ever.  She must be in my bed.  All the time.  Oh, don't get me wrong... I love cuddle time.  But I want sleep.  And I am pretty sure I will not sleep well again until I have my bed back.

Maybe it is a good thing that I am single.

And this week I had another one of those Aha moments...

Ladybug has an Ikea bed.  I am not a fan of Ikea -- with either design or function.  Yes, I know I am the only person in American who feels that way. 

Last Thanksgiving I hosted.  During that holiday I gave up my bed to my dad and stepmom.  I slept in Ladybug's bed.  Ladybug camped out on my bedroom floor because she wanted to be near the grandparents. Awful!!!  I love my bed.  I wanted my bed.  I didn't sleep well -- well, worst than normal.  My back hurt.  I couldn't wait for the holidays to be over.  I wanted my bed.

This Thanksgiving I am hosting again.  This time with my mom.  This year I put my mom in Ladybug's bed and moved Ladybug into my bed with me.  And after just one night my mom is not enjoying Ladybug's bed. 

Yeah, that was the light bulb moment (did you miss it?).

Maybe... just maybe... Ladybug doesn't sleep in her bed because it is not comfortable!  Maybe she doesn't make it through a night because her bed is awful.  Yes, I said the IKEA bed is awful!  Maybe if she had a comfortable bed maybe she would actually sleep.  Maybe she would stay in her own bed.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  Worth a try.

So on Sunday we went mattress shopping.  A single parent with an energetic and bored almost 7 year old in a practically empty mattress store.  In 2 mattress stores.  She managed to jump from one bed to the next all the way around the store.  Both stores. 

I did make her shoes off first.

And we ended up with a ridiculously expensive mattress.  I had no intention of spending that much.  But this is the only bed I will be buying her.  It comes with a 10 year warranty.  And the sales lady knocked off $50 because she was amused by Ladybug.

This might be my most expensive experiment yet.  Hope it works.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...