Sunday, November 14, 2010

Frustration

I would just like to express a moment of frustration.

Back in August I had an interview. Of a job I wanted. And for the most part I would be good at. There are parts of the job that I would need to learn. I have my worries about the job. But I can deal with them. I also realize that since I am hoping to be moving into a small town that my job options are limited.

The interview went well. I hate phone interviews. I mean, I have a lot of experience working on phones and I can get the information I need over the phone. But so much of communication is non verbal. I like seeing people. The little facial expressions. The twinkle in the eye. The nod. It helps me read the person. But without all that I still felt like the interview went well.

In September I got an email from the HR department saying that I had been selected for a second interview. See, I was right. The interview went well. I was excited. They said the second interview would be another phone interview and that they would be scheduling soon.

In October I began to get worried. I still had not heard anything and I was beginning to get worried. So I took the bold move and contacted HR again and asked for a status update on the interview process. I got a very nice email back saying that they had just met with the board the day before and were beginning to start the process for scheduling the second interviews. So I relaxed. And waited.

It is now November. NOVEMBER! Still no word. No interview. Nothing scheduled. Nothing. I know they haven't hired anybody. Yet. But it raises questions. My options for employment are limited. But all they need to do is schedule a telephone interview. And that has taken about 3 months. Maybe they aren't sure they want to hire? Maybe they are having budget issues? Maybe they just operate slowly?

I just want a new job. So I can move. Start fresh. Buy a house. Change my life. But I guess that is not their focus. It is mine.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...