The weekend before Thanksgiving I was in a cleaning frenzy. I vividly remember that anytime my grandparents would visit my house my parents would make us clean. And as a result I would always tell them that there was no way I was going to clean my house for them when they came to visit me. Take me or leave me.
But it turns out that I don't clean enough. So I cleaned. A lot. Could you eat off the floor? No. But you would be willing to walk barefoot over it.
While I cleaned, Ladybug was allowed to play outside. I left the front door open. I gave her instructions. I checked on her at least every 2 minutes. Which made cleaning more difficult. I would look for her. Verify that she wasn't doing anything wrong and go back to cleaning.
And then I poked my head out of the door and saw... nothing. Nothing. No kids. Where was she? I called her name. Nothing. I called louder. Nothing. My heart began to race. I slipped on my clogs. and walked down the street. Nothing. I got to the end of the street and found a group of kids. I asked if they had seen her. No. Really!!??? Where was she. I looked in the back yard. Nothing.
Panic is really starting to set in. I am having images. Where is she? Is she hurt? Did she get snatched. I am racing back toward my place so I can get my cell phone. I am seriously thinking of calling the police. How do you call the police and tell them that I have lost my child? Just let her be safe.
And as I panicked I remembered what happened 24 hours earlier. She had gone into another kid's house without telling me. Another child playing outside saw this and told me. So I went and got her. I then had the conversation about how that was not allowed. I must know where she is. AT ALL TIMES! She would not be back in a house without permission within 24 hours. Would she?
So I started knocking on doors. And she actually answered the door. She answered the door. And my panic changed from panic to rage in .3 seconds flat. I told her to get home.
The girl had the nerve to look at me and say ... "I don't want to."
You don't WHAT????
I am thankful she is okay. I am thankful I found her without calling the police. I am thankful she is not hurt. But if she thinks she is going to get even 10 seconds of unsupervised time outside of her bedroom anytime soon she is crazy.
I am NOT going through that again.
Mean Mama
Random Life Events
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment