He looks a little worried. Why? Because in 2 weeks he will be cooked and served. Unless he can be disguised so that nobody realizes that he is a turkey. The mission -- if she wants a good grade -- decorate the turkey so he no longer looks like a turkey.
So I asked Ladybug what she wanted to do. She wanted to make him look like a shark. She has a strange fascination with sharks lately. But I am not creative. I am not an artist. A shark??? I can't figure out how to turn a turkey in to a shark.
Cue Mama Loca yelling at me...she thinks that I should have let her make a shark.
We talk. We decide she can make him look like a princess. A dress. A crown. How hard could this be? So I skipped out of work yesterday and stopped at the craft store. And I discovered that turning a turkey into a princess may not be so easy. I look. How? What do I need? As I look up and down the aisle I manage to keep following a young couple who is arguing about a sign they want to put on their lawn. Poster board? How high? What color? Lettering? They agree on nothing.
I don't know how to turn a turkey into a princess. But then I see a wooden butterfly. I can turn a turkey into a butterfly. I hope. I buy some glue, some beads, some glitter, and some flowers. I can do this.
Now I need to convince Ladybug that this is a good idea. Cue Mama Loca yelling at me again -- this is her project. Not mine. I know. But I gotta help.
She comes around after a brief conversation. So tonight we started the process of decorating the turkey.
I supplied the tools. She did the design. I helped her but she did the work. She decided where the beads and glitter go. She puts down the glue and pours on the glitter. I clean up the mess.
After a while she gave up -- Dora was coming on TV. But we have all day tomorrow to finish it. We are getting close to being done.
Ladybug is not happy yet. She says she can see it is still a turkey. Because it still has a waddle. We will continue to work on it tomorrow.
Mean Mama
It is Sat...behind on blogging? Even I blogged and I am on vacation hehehe
ReplyDeletePapa might be right -- you have an addiction.
ReplyDelete