Sunday, November 21, 2010

sometimes it is scary to get what you want

Last night I put Ladybug to bed and she immediately started coughing. That wet productive body wrenching type of cough. I listened for a little while but then I got the meds. I had to wake her up and have her sit up. I don't know how she sleeps through that kind of coughing.

She went back to sleep. For a minute. She got up wanting some cuddle time. She cuddle for a few minutes and the coughing continued. Until I realized that it was getting to the point that she was likely going to puke. I was lucky enough to get her to the bathroom before she spewed. YEAH!!!!

So I settled her back in bed. Crisis averted. She cuddled under the blankets. And promptly puked all over her pillow which dribbled down onto her sheets and blanket. Of course. Sheets changed and back in bed for the night.

I silently told said to myself -- please let her sleep through the night.

When I woke up this morning at 8am I realized I was alone in bed. I was alone all night. And it was 8am. Neither happens. Ever. I stayed in bed for a few minutes listening. To nothing. No coughing. No beds clinking. No singing. Nothing. And then my imagination got the better of me. Why? Why hadn't she crawled in bed with me? She does every night. Why wasn't she up? She never sleeps to 8am. What if something was really wrong? What if she was really ill?

So I got up and checked on her. She was sleeping. Sweetly. So I went back to bed. For about 30 seconds before she came and joined me.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...