Saturday, January 8, 2011

It should be illegal

It should be illegal.  Really.  I mean do I need to be encouraged to eat?  No.  I need to be encouraged not to eat.  They are not allowed to do cigarette commercials.  Why?  Because they are not good for you. 

It is not broccoli or carrots or apples that have commercials.  No.  We are not encouraged to eat those. 

We are a society of overweight people.  I think it is something like 60% of Americans that are overweight (don't quote me on that.  that is just a fuzzy memory).  And what immediately follows the food commercials?  A weight loss product or exercise equipment commercial.  Eat.  And since you are now fat -- Exercise and diet.  What is wrong with this society?

I am watching a ridiculous Hallmark TV show (about giant pumpkins, no less) and these are just some of the commercials I have been faced with:

Hersey's Bliss chocolates
Long John Silvers
Hardees
Lean Cuisine (combing both food and diet)
DiGiorno Pizza
Pringles
Breyer's ice cream
Pizza Hut (stuffed crust pizza)
Yoplait splitz
Lucky Charms
Trix


Food commercials should be illegal.  And I say that through the starvation haze of my diet.  I will make one exception.  Seafood commercials can continue -- I hate seafood so those commercials are not tempting for me.

Please help me with my diet by banning food commercials.

Mean Mama

PS - down 3.8 pounds and 121 to go.  So glad to be on the right track now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...