Wednesday, January 12, 2011

slip sliding

Keeping it light today...because my child is having a bad day...

As I was dropping Ladybug off school...as I waited patiently for the car pool lane to move...I saw a funny thing.  It wasn't meant to be funny.  And it probably wasn't nice to laugh.  But I had to stiffle the laugh because Ladybug was still in the car.

Two boys, about age 10, were walking to school.  They came up the stairs to the school yard.  They were wearing sneakers but they must have had poor tread.  They started sliding on the ice.  You know, the kind of skiding where they are really trying to stay on their feet but there is little hope and they look funny as they twist and turn and jerk about.  Finally one of the boys, in an effort to regain his balanace, lets go of his backpack.  Which immediately slides all the way down the hill they just came up.  The other boy has a delayed reaction but eventually reaches out to grab the backpack.  But since he is delayed he over reaches and falls on his butt...and slides all the way down the hill.  The original boy reaches to save his friend and he finally loses his battle to stay on his feet.  He then slides all the way down the hill.

Then the car pool lane moved so I didn't see if they had round 2 or if they made it to school.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...