And then it came again. And my first thoughts were that it was some murderer/rapist. I am reading a book that involves both (which I am sure is against the free-range rules -- but I like them). I will not answer the door. I could use my peep hole -- if I was 6'7". Seriously, who puts a peep hole so high that even standing on my tippy toes I can not get my eye up to the hole.
The knock comes again. It is loud. What do I do?
I decided not to be paranoid and I answered the door. And standing outside was a very tall, very black, very wet man in a very small yellow towel. Really! Naked man, wet man, in a towel. Pounding on my door. Okay that never happens. Ever. Anywhere. Well...maybe in the movies.
He asked me to help him. He says he is my new neighbor. And he needs help in his apartment. Hmmmm...go with a strange man, into his apartment, alone, late at night? A naked man. Who does this stuff happen to? So I tell him I can't. My daughter is sleeping upstairs. I can't leave her. He pleads. With his words and his eyes.
So I grab cell phone and keys (call for help and ability to defend myself) and I follow him into his apartment. He runs up the stairs. I follow. He leads me into his bathroom.
The shower is running. That explains the wet and naked part. The tub is over flowing. Who closes the plug while showering? Water is all over the floor. And he says to me -- in broken English -- "How do you turn it off?" How do you turn the shower off? How did he turn it on?
I look. I turn the knob. Crisis is over. Pull the plug on the drain. Water starts going down. And I head home.
Now that is an introduction.
If he's cute, single, and not entirely w/o a brain..........
ReplyDeleteLadybug might get the same idea if she meets him. :D
Hahaha, sometimes life really is stranger than fiction.
ReplyDeleteAs for Mama Loca's "not entirely without a brain' comment... well, that ship probably sailed when he couldn't figure out how a drain plug works... ;-)
or how to turn off a shower. really. nothing tricky. turn the knob. I mean he figured out how to turn it on, how do you now know how to turn it off?
ReplyDelete