- Finish her hair
- Go to doctor for blood lab work
- Go to bank to at least temporarily resolve the financial issues
- Therapy (the stress of introducing Ladybug and paying for it)
- Call someone to fix the dryer
- Do laundry (one way or another)
- Clean house (so I am not embarrassed to have someone come into my house to fix the dryer)
1. I finished her hair. I don't like it. She can't wear her bike helmet. And it is not going to last long. So I will start the process of the hanging twists again soon. I think they will be smaller this time -- which means more to do. And I need to be better about caring for them.
2. I went to the doctor for my lab work. I am such a baby about needles and having blood drawn. But Ladybug is standing there. Watching the whole thing. I don't even watch the process. She might actually be a doctor some day. And then I remembered that I needed to refill my medication -- the reason for the blood work. Which is where found the photo in my previous post.
3. I went to the bank. I deposited the money I had. I cashed some savings bonds. I have the ability to make it through to the next paycheck.
4. Therapy is done. I met with her first. I told her about the school counselor. She told me I can go to the workshops but I am not to even attempt in any way whatsoever to use them on Ladybug. She was also not surprised I encountered resistance from the school in seeking an IEP. What I loved was the feeling of being validated. She saw what I was saying. And she had a plan. She also did some research to make sure that she was the right person to help me. She found another therapist in the area that might be better. She gave me the information and asked me to research the group myself. And then she met Ladybug for the first time. They went off together and chatted. Ladybug liked her -- I am not surprised. All the therapist told me is that she got lots of interesting stuff. We are scheduled to talk in 2 weeks. Next week both Ladybug and I meet with the psychiatrist.
5. On Monday I did not call to have someone fix my dryer. I was afraid. I didn't know who to call. I researched online and that only made me more confused. And then I had an idea. I went down to my complex office and talked to my friend (a friend manages the complex). She gave me the name of a person I could trust. I called him this morning at 9:30am. He was at my door at 11am. And my dryer was fixed at 11:30am. And he cut me a break financially. Now I need to get busy doing laundry.
6. I did not do laundry yesterday. I did do laundry today. It is not done yet. But I am doing a lot. Linens...
7. I did not clean the house yesterday. I did not even fake it. But after the phone call to the dryer man, I got busy. I cleaned the laundry room -- kind of important. And half the kitchen -- didn't get to the floor. I sprayed down Ladybug's room -- it stank. Ladybug cleaned the downstairs bathroom and her bathroom sink -- she asked if she could help. The kitchen floor needs to be cleaned, the living room is desperate, and I need to finish bedrooms.
- So my goals for tomorrow include:
- clean kitchen floor
- clean living room
- bills
- sign Ladybug up for summer camp
- give stuff to good will
- get the recycling out of the house
- finish the laundry
- get out summer clothes
- start new hair style on Ladybug
Big dreams. But how else do I get things done?
Mean Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment