Friday, April 1, 2011

not April Fool's

I am seriously thinking of dropping some of my new year's resolutions because it is becoming painfully obvious I have intention (or ability) to follow through on them.  Given that, here is my next monthly update to my successes and failures with my new year's resolutions:

1.  Lose 123 50 pounds.  Okay I came down a little from last month.  Went from 282.8 to 278.  Decent but nothing to write home about.  I really need to get serious.  I have a doctor appointment on the 12th and I would like to see some serious progress.  Please!
2.  Read at least 1 book a month.  At least one of them must be a self help book but not all can be self help.  Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I also gave the book to my mother for her birthday.  I am sure my mother got through the book in one day.  She reads a lot.  She has more books then most small libraries -- that is not a joke or an exaggeration.  I had a hard time getting through it.  And truth be told -- I read the last 30 pages this morning (wrong month).  Of all the things I learned from this book, I am sure it is not one of the lessons she was trying to teach.  I have lived in this area for 6 years.  And I have yet to make a really good friend.  I have friends.  I go out -- sometimes.  But I don't have someone that I know will be a friend for life -- or even the rest of the year -- here.  She lived in 3 different countries for 4 months each and she made friends in each place.  I apparently need to hang up my introvert shoes and get out there more.
3.  Write the next great American novel a short story.  This might be one of those resolutions that needs to come off the list.
4.  Find a new job.  I am way to depressed.  I want a new job.  I want to move.  I just don't have the energy or organization to make it happen.  It will have to fall on my lap.  And there is a slight possibility of this (a friend is hoping for a promotion and if she gets it then she will push for me to get her current job, but with all the budget cuts who knows if this would happen).
5.  Move.  See above.  If this "lap" job does come through it will be a move - closer to where I want to be but not exactly in the same state.  And in a lot of ways, I am really okay with this.
6.  Buy my first home.  Has to wait until 4 & 5 are done.
7.  Pay off all credit cards FIA credit card.  No progress on this one this month.  Even worse actually...now that we are entering therapy and my insurance sucks this will only go up.  I will need to pay for it all somehow and right now this is all I have.
8.  Make at least one pair of earrings a week.  Might be another one of the resolutions that needs to come off -- but really this one shouldn't be that difficult to accomplish.
9.  Get at least 8 hours of sleep at least 4 times per week.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -- still laughing.  But I don't understand why it is impossible for me.
10. Blog at least 15 times per month.  Success!  The one steady thing I see to be able to accomplish.
11.  Get child enrolled in a sport. I did it.  Okay -- technically I got her enrolled today (so wrong month) but I did all the research and prep work in March.  She is joining the Jump Rope Club.  It meets once a week at her after school program.  Hoping she likes it -- at least she seems excited about it.  She did just ask for swimming classes again.  But who has money for that?
12.  Get involved with a charity. This one might need to be another resolution that needs to be removed.  I just don't have any alone time to devote to a charity.  Maybe if I had more friends I would have more alone time?  Could it be that these resolutions are connected together?
13.  Refinish the new kitchen table.  Haven't started yet.  But I want to.
14.  Enroll in a creative class -- writing, jewelry making, pottery...  Nope.
15.  Start a 529 account.  Not yet.
16.  Clean the house once a month.  Just to gross you out -- nope.  Most of the house got done.  Over moments of the month.  I guess the only places that really didn't are 2 of the 2.5 bathrooms that we have.  Okay, that grosses me out -- guess I will be taking care of that tonight.
17.  Eat out no more then 2 times per month.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  I really need to get this one under control. This is turning into a priority for me.  Now if only I could get Ladybug to join in on my commitment.  Maybe she doesn't like my cooking?
18.  Call my friends and family more often -- rely on the internet less.  This one needs to be removed.
19.  Start training for the Boston Marathon.  I know this seems out of the blue for most but it has been a long term dream of mine.  This still needs to wait until #1 is under control.
20.  Fold and put away the laundry within 24 hours of washing it each week.  I refuse to do this one.  I refuse to feel bad about it.  I wash the clothes.  I don't wear dirty clothes.  I am not a bad person or a bad mother because I am late at folding the clothes.
21.  Buy a new camera and take more photos of Ladybug.  Did lots of new pics of Ladybug this month.
22.  Pay all bills on time. Did better but there is still room for improvement.  Fingers crossed for this month.
23.  Become caffeine free.  Overall good on this one.  I mean, I had some sodas but not because I was trying to pour caffeine into my body.

So some success and some failure.  Check in again next month.

Mean Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...